From: Sharon Webb, www.fractalus.com/sharon
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you believe that the country should have public schools?
2. Do you believe that the federal government should offer aid to our citizens in times of emergency such as flood, fire, earthquake, etc.?
3. Do you believe that people should be able to earn a living wage?
4. Do you believe that the people of New Orleans are worse off now than they were before hurricane Katrina?
5. Do you believe that Americans should be able to receive affordable medical care?
6. Are you concerned about clean water and air? And do you think we need to develop alternate forms of energy?
If you answered yes to two or more of the above questions, then you are a democrat, whether or not you are aware of it.
If you answered no to the questions above, then you subscribe to the same ethic as George W. Bush, whose tactic is to “starve the beast” by cutting funding for disaster relief, education, conservation, and medical care…and then cutting it again, and again, until those agencies concerned with these matters cease to exist.
Politicians who believe as George Bush does are usually republican, and believe that government disaster aid is a boondoggle which awards slackers and those unwilling to work.
They further believe that the federal government should tax unequally, drawing a higher percentage from the poor and middle class with the idea that those people get more services than the rich and should pay more for it.
They believe that disaster relief should be provided by churches and charities and the federal government should not be saddled with the bill.
They believe that education should be provided by churches or the private sector.
They believe that the minimum wage is already too high and only those too shiftless to work hard benefit, and they further believe that it is unfair because it cuts into the profits of big business.
They believe that to be concerned with environmental issues is to live in an ivory tower and be out of touch with the realities of business.
They believe that the only function of government should be to provide an army and military capability.
They didn’t tell you any of this when they ran for office, because they knew that you wouldn’t vote for them if they did. But this is what they believe to the marrow of their bones.